Wednesday, November 7, 2007






It's official. We both have jobs. Karen has decided to take the job offered to her by the place she was temping at. The work involves project management stuff and is for a company that trains people in Microsoft applications  (web management kinda stuff). Thankfully she's getting paid better than when she was working as a temp but it seems like she'll be working quite a bit harder too. 

Tom got the job at the clothes shop however his day starts at 7am and his salary is equivalent to what a 14 year old would get paid working at KFC in Australia. The 40% staff discount does soften the blow a little but that's still pretty freakin early. Thanks so much to all the people who provided references for us.

The other day we walked to the beach which is near the University of British Columbia. We our left our apartment at noon and arrived just as the sun was setting. It was a long walk but a beautiful day with a stop at the cupcake shop on the way. 

And by the way, I got the Nova stuff wrong. Track Team's on from 7-8pm every Saturday. Check www.nova919.com.au under shows if you don't believe me.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that 2 of your photos are pink. I miss you two but sometimes I talk to you for 3 hours on skype and it's the same as being with you. Except we can't all eat cherry ripes. Just me. But you can eat junior mints. That's pretty lucky.

Unknown said...

Yay! You both have jobs, although the KFC equivalent wage for Tom sounds kinda dodgy, hope it's not going to be too stressful for Kazza either!

Anonymous said...

GREAT PICTURES!!! Any Jeffrey Smart's influences.(just joking about traffic lights) Tom do you know that my mother lives in Vancouver (more than 10 years now) and I still never been there. What a great traveler I am! Good luck with your jobs! And direct some rain this way,it's 37C in Melbourne.

Unknown said...

So, I had dinner with Bron last night & she told me that you Karen & her had been skyping and your job continues to be stressy - hm? hm? - that's not very good! This was meant to be a working HOLIDAY, note the emphasis on HOLIDAY! :-) Hope you guys are able to find some kind of ballance! I'm off to Melb for the last time this year this wkend! Whoohoo! We've got that wedding this wkend too, get to meet all of Matt's work mates which'll be good!