Friday, August 17, 2007




OK, so the hotel we booked with for our second, third and fourth nights had no trace of our booking and were completely booked out but Kaz did some sweet talking and now we're in and we don't have to scam wireless internet anymore. Nice work Kazza.

We can see the Hollywood sign on the top of the hill from our window.
Today we ticked off one of the things on my things-to-do-before-I-die list- we walked to the Walt Disney Concert Hall- a Frank O Gehry building. Better than I imagined. Photos soon.

Here's a few things that we've learnt so far:
-Over here, Lean Cuisine refers to a brand and in no way indicates how healthy a product is. 
-Our hotel marks the unofficial boundary between the financial district and the ghetto. 
-LAX is an airport. That's it. There's not even a vending machine there.
-I like watching the black TV channel- it's almost better than Discovery.

That's it.


2 comments:

steph said...

This is way above my computer ability as you know , so glad the plane didnt crash ... my biggest fear , have fun Steph

Tom Borgas said...

Steph, clearly this is way above my computer abilities too, because I'm only now responding to comments! We've now been on yet another plane that didn't crash, so it's looking good for you! You must be leaving any day now. Hope you have a great time!